Sunday, November 9, 2008

The best Char Kway Teow in Malaysia?

One of my favorite foods in Malaysia is Penang Char Kway Teow...

How it's like? Watch the video below:



In fact, the last time I visited Penang, I had char kway teow for lunch and dinner on the first day I arrived!

So, now back to the question:

Which is the best Char Kway Teow in Malaysia?

According to my taste buds, the typical char kway teow in Penang itself tastes about the same... and they are all good.

And believe it or not, there's one Penang char kway teow stall in Malaysia that's excellent and the most amazing thing is, it's NOT in Penang!

You might not believe it...

It's in Johor Bahru (J.B.) at Taman Sri Tebrau Hawker Centre. To get there, turn off the main road drive on the Tebrau Highway going north, then make a right turn at the traffic junction in front of Crystal Crown Hotel.

The Penang char kway teow stall that I refer to is in the centre row at the time of writing. Walk straight in the centre row about 10 to 15 stalls, and it is on your left (opposite the wan ton mee stall). Trust me, it's the BEST I ever tasted in all of Penang, KL or Melaka.

Oh yes... I love to hear from you, of course!

No comments: